Janet has a pleasant, personal style and a great sense of humour. She is very caring, trustworthy, proactive and always eager to help. Janet has been essential to maintaining Mom's independence. As a family, we are so thankful for Janet!
No Place Like Home is a one-woman company of caring devoted to helping Regina-area seniors live in their own homes for as long as possible — and giving busy families the peace of mind that Mom or Dad has the same person close by to lend a hand or stop in for a visit.
Owner and sole service provider Janet Miller is happy to help whenever an extra set of hands would be nice.
Services can include:
Help at Home
- Meal preparation
- Make bed, change bedding
- Sew a button
- Write cards to family or friends
- Care for plants
- Open and read mail. (Small print can sometimes be difficult to read.)
Help Going Out
- Drive and accompany to appointments. (Take notes for family, if desired.)
- Shop for groceries or household items
- Assist on errands
- Buy gifts for friends or family
Companionship at home or venturing out
- Play cards or a board game
- Do a puzzle together
- Enjoy photo albums
- Accompany on a leisurely walk outside or at a local mall
- Drive through Wascana Park
- Take out for coffee or an ice cream treat
- Visit the Regina Floral Conservatory or a local art gallery
Socializing is always a pleasure, be it going out for coffee or a movie, exploring a craft show, or staying in to bake a favourite recipe or play a game of cards. (Just go easy on Janet. She’s better at board games!)
Gardening in the yard?
I would love to help!